WinNT workstation not logging in...

Richard Whittaker richard at connections.yk.ca
Mon Oct 5 16:35:01 GMT 1998

Greetings:

I've looked high and low, and have not been able to find the answer to my
question (at least nowhere obvious). I have a WinNT 4.0SP3 workstation
running on a Windows NT run network, with a Sun SparcServer Ultra running
Samba (whatever the latest version is).. This workstation has a dual boot
mechanism, and under Win95 the workstation can connect to the share on the
Samba server no problem, but under WinNT the following error message comes up:

"Wyt01gis\gis is not accessible"
"The account is not authorized to login from this station"

The network settings under 95 and 'NT are identical...

Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks
Richard W.

Richard Whittaker on the road or @ work