Incorrect password, please help

David Saez Padros david at ols.es
Mon Oct 5 13:13:56 GMT 1998

Hi !!

I've set up ahomes section like that:

[homes]
   path = /some/path/%u
   public = no
   browseable = no
   writeable = yes

I try to do a NET USE i: \\server\homes%some.user password from
a Win95 OSR2 machine but I always get 'incorrect password'.

I tried with a valid unix username/password and also with a custom
C program that calls the windows API to connect to that service
without success. I also debuged samba and it seems that the Win95
station does not send the password to samba.

Does anybody know why this does not work ?

Thanxs & Best regards ...

     David Saez Padros                  e-mail  david at ols.es
     On-Line Services 2000 S.L.         fidonet 2:343/146
     Trafalgar 78 2º 2ª B               voice   +34 93 3151593
     08010 Barcelona (Spain)            movil   +34 93 9618722
     http://www.ols.es                  fax     +34 93 2683590
     http://user.ols.es/people/david/   bbs     +34 93 2680612