SAMBA digest 1829

Sarma Seetamraju sarma at usa.net
Sat Oct 3 04:08:48 GMT 1998

> Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:06:09 +0500
> From: "Shack"
> To: samba at anu.edu.au
> Subject: samba do not preserve case

Use the following combo, and it took me weeks before I could
end up with a combo that worked fine all the time for NT and Win98.

[global]
   guest account = ................ a valid user id..................
   admin users = root
   force group = users
   public = no
   revalidate = true
   update encrypted = yes
   browseable = no
   allow hosts = 10.0.1. ....................... change this also
   dont descend = /proc,/dev
   ;
   share modes = no
   ;
   preserve case = yes
   mangle  case  =  no
   ;;; These three options never worked from Win95...
   short preserve case = no
   case sensitive = no
   default case = default
    ;;
   delete readonly = yes
   encrypt passwords = true
   follow symlinks = no
   hide dot files = no
   strip dot = no
   map archive = no
   map system = no
   ;
   security = user
   ;
   server string = "maakompa linux machine @ home"

> Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 07:40:40 -0600
> From: Selim Jose Miselem
> To: samba at samba.anu.edu.au
> Subject: SAMBA on HP/UX 10

I have had Samba running on HP/UX for two years now.
The regular C compiler will do just fine.   You may have more difficulty with
the make file than with teh compiler or the code.
Get the latest distribution and you should have no problems.
I am running Samba version which does not support encrypted passwords
and I am using the registry hack to force NT clients to send cleartext
passwords...

Sarma