Using other automount maps

Paul L. Lussier plussier at BayNetworks.COM
Fri Oct 2 18:45:07 GMT 1998

In a message dated: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 03:55:40 +1000
Manjeet S Rekhi said:

>Is it possible to define one share name (like [homes] for auto.home) for
>other automount maps as well (for eg. [projects] for auto.project) so
>that when user connects to samba, (s)he sees all directories below /project
>mount point ?

That shouldn't be a problem.  I have:

	[hw_tools]
	        path = /hw/tools
	        guest ok = no
	        read only = no
	        force group = engineering

	[hw_proj]
	        path = /hw/projects
	        guest ok = no
	        read only = no
	        create mask = 0774
	        directory mask = 0775
	        force group = engineering

Of course my automount map for the /hw filesystem is:

		* hardware:/hw/&

Which tells automount to map all directories under /hw on the "hardware"
server to /hw/<dir name>.  This allows me to automount each subdirectory
to /hw rather than all of them.  This may not be a good thing from
a Samba point of view, since that requires me to  create entries for each
directory under /hw.

On the upside though, it gives me very carefull control over what those on
PCs can actuall see :)

If your automount maps instead contained this:

		/hw hardware:/hw

then you should be able to see everything.

--

Seeya,
Paul
plussier at baynetworks.com
Broadband Technology Division - Bay Networks (now a Nortel Company, Eh! :)