Using other automount maps

Manjeet S Rekhi rekhims at ecae.stortek.com
Fri Oct 2 17:50:41 GMT 1998

Environment: HP-UX 10.20 Samba 1.9.18p10 ; compiled with -DAUTOMOUNT option.

We are using our samba server to mount various automounted directories
including user's home. auto.home map takes care of mounting user's home
automagically but for other directories, I have to put a share name for
each of them (and there are hundreds of them).

Is it possible to define one share name (like [homes] for auto.home) for
other automount maps as well (for eg. [projects] for auto.project) so
that when user connects to samba, (s)he sees all directories below /project
mount point ?

Thanks
...Manjeet