Funnies with SCO 5.04

Tony N tonynich at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 2 00:08:24 GMT 1998

Just thought Im mention a few interesting things I've noticed when using
samba p10 version with SCO UNIX openserver 5. This was compiled with
gcc.

1) In the passwd chat strings, you can't use "" (Inverted commas). I
spent quite some time debugging until I tried removing them - and
suddenly everything started working.
2) When attempting a unix password sync, SAMBA attempts to open
/dev/ttyp0.... ttyp9 to open a session. No higher. So if those devices
are being used (ie: by users with telnet connections) the password
change fails. This is even though devices up to ttyp99 are there. This
is a hassle for us.

Any comments or suggestions?

Tony Nichols