Dissapearence of samba servers.

Les Barstow lbarstow at entire.com
Mon Nov 30 16:19:52 GMT 1998

I've seen this too, although I can get an individual share (from a Win95
box, open Explorer and use Tools/Goto... and open \\server\share\ - when
I do this, the entire share list magically appears in the Explorer
tree.)
I cannot get the share list in any other way.

The systems here are all Solaris 2.5.1 with samba 1.9.18p7, with one
samba 2.0.0beta1, all in an NT domain (the 2.0 beta server is a domain
member).  Restarting the domain controller seems to be the only solution
to the problem.

The key may be that the samba servers register the PDC as their
Master Browser, but then another NT server comes along and grabs control
of the Browser List - the samba server never re-points to the new Master
Browser server.

Samba servers in a separate Workgroup are okay.

--
Les Barstow
lbarstow at entire.com