newbie question

Dave Kirkby davek at medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Sun Nov 29 19:54:39 GMT 1998

Ariel_Orellana at penoles.com.mx says:

> After performing the reg edit
> and configuring TCP/IP and creating the smbpasswd (haven't converted
> encrypted though), I can see the unix host just fine.  The problem
> comes when the NT 4 workstations (I have no NT servers) try to access
> the shares.  The server ALLWAYS asks me for account and password.

As far as I know, NT will  always asks for passwords, unless you have
set up encrypted ones, which is pretty easy to do. Hence its not
supprising you have this problem.

BUT (and its a big but), my NT workstation still asks for the passwords
even though I have set up encrypted passwords. So if anyone else can
throw any light on this, I too would be interested.

Dave Kirkby