Time to connect

Steve Nelson steve at out-of-control.com
Fri Nov 27 04:26:01 GMT 1998

Greetings Fellow Sambaiites!

I have a small problem that I haven't seen addressed in any of the
forums (have searched the net to no avail!).

I have a small 100 mbit network................using Samba 1.9.18p10
on a Slack box as the PDC.

When I initially look in the NN on any Win95,98 and NT boxes, the
Samba box appears...................when I try to browse the Samba
shares on the Samba box, there is a delay of approx 2 minutes
before I am able to see the shares. Once the shares become visible,
I can browse the shares and perform file operations through the share
at lightning speed.

The Question?

What might I have set wrong that would cause the initial connect to
be so slow?

I am using unencrypted pw auth on all boxens..............have applied
the registry hacks necessary to ensure no encryption.

mailto:steve at out-of-control.com
out-of-control Webworks Inc.

"We're out-of-control;
 We want you to be too!"