How to stop access to a share in the samba server?

Roberto Joao Lopes Garcia roberto at mha.com.br
Thu Nov 26 11:45:02 GMT 1998

At 12:47 26/11/98 +0000, you wrote:
>> Is there any away to stop access to a mounted SAMBA driver?
>Have You tried to kill the corresponding smbd-processes? This should
>disconnect the Users and when they reconnect, the share shouldn't be
>accessible anymore.

Thank You to respond, and let me abouse you a litle more ...

Yes, I know this will work but I have 86 Pcs mount 5 shares eache!

I could be able to stop just one share and leave the others OK! So I must
kill all the smbd-processes and let the user reconect again? Could the
users loose same data with this aproach?

Thank You

Roberto

Eng. Roberto João Lopes Garcia         E-mail: roberto at mha.com.br
F. 55 11 848 9906   FAX  55 11 848 9955

MHA Engenharia Ltda
E-mail: mha at mha.com.br    WWW: http://www.mha.com.br

Av Maria Coelho Aguiar, 215 Bloco D     2 Andar
Centro Empresarial de Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo - BRASIL - 05805 000