"NOT Authorized"

Warren Craig CWarren at iclretail.com
Mon Nov 23 16:25:03 GMT 1998

  I am getting an error when I try to access a dir on my Linus box  the
error is
"The account is not authorzed to login from this station" (This error comes
on my NT machine)
If I set up a dir as "public" I can access it.
here is what my smb.conf file looks like

[global]

; workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name, eg: REDHAT4
workgroup = Americas
hosts allow = 208.133.15.0/255.255.255.0

log file = /var/log/samba-log.%m
lock directory = /var/lock/samba
share modes = yes

[tmp]
comment = Temporary file space
path = /tmp
read only = no
public = yes

[Cwarren_Home]
comment = Cwarren Account
path= /home/cwarren
username = cwarren
read only = no
create mode = 0750

; comment is the equivalent of the NT Description field
   comment = RedHat Samba Server

; volume = used to emulate a CDRom label (can be set on a per share basis)
   volume = RedHat5

; Security and file integrity related options
   lock directory = /var/lock/samba
   locking = yes
;   strict locking = yes
;   fake oplocks = yes
   share modes = yes
; Security modes: USER uses Unix username/passwd, SHARE uses WfW type
passwords
; SERVER uses a Windows NT Server to provide authentication services
   security = SERVER
; Use password server option only with security = server
   password server = Grover

; Before setting socket options read the smb.conf man page!!
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY

Craig Warren
Work # (619) 458-5541
e-mail CWarren at iclretail.com