Freebsd + NT/Nt-Client am Linux-Server

Bill Eldridge bill at rfa.org
Mon Nov 23 05:48:32 GMT 1998

Pam_SMB allows Linux clients to validate
their passwords against an NT PDC, so the
only thing you have to do is set up the
accounts on the Linux side with an '*'
in the /etc/passwd entry.  This can be
done using a list of users:

#!/bin/bash
for i in `cat myuserlist`; do
        /usr/sbin/adduser -p '*' $i

with various other command line options,
such as "-s /bin/nologin" for e-mail only
clients and such.  You have to edit the
appropriate /etc/pam.d entries - login, imap,
and so on - follow the instructions.

I don't know if any of this applies to FreeBSD - as
in if FreeBSD uses Pam, or if there are similar tools
for FreeBSD's authentication method.  There are
some tools for NIS/Yellow Pages...

Bill