Browsing

Robert robert at mhi-tx.com
Fri Nov 20 14:33:08 GMT 1998

hello,
I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem I have or if anyone
knows what is going wrong.
I have 1.9.18p10 and everything is working fine exept the browsing..hold
on dont stop reading just yet. I know there is tons of docs on browsing
and problems with it, but this seems to be different than anything in
the docs..
The samba server doesn't show up in a regular browse list but if I use
"find computer" it shows up no problem.

I have Advanced File and Print Server on an SCO box that is acting as
the PDC (I believe my problem lies here) and in the log.nmb I get a
message "process_lanman_packet: on subnet 192.168.1.8 ignoring browse
packet command code 4 from MHI#00600<20> IP 192.168.1.2 to AFPS<00>"
where .8 is the samba server and MHI is the SCO box and AFPS is the
domain name.

If anyone has any suggestions or even tell me I am stupid and where to
look in the docs, It would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to show
everyone that this little pile of free software can outperform Novell
and then some.  :)

thanks
Robert