User verification problem using password = server [2.0.0beta1]

Anthony David adavid at ajd.gw.dynamite.com.au
Fri Nov 20 13:24:54 GMT 1998

Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 22:55:33 -0200
From: Carlos Henrique <chenriq at homeshopping.com.br>

>David.Anthony (David.Anthony at comcare.gov.au) wrote:
>> Greetings
>
>> Having fun with Samba 2.0beta1 and security = server
>> Is there something missing in my config?
>
>Hi,
>
>Was your samba server included in NT PDC DOM?

That has never been a specific requirement in the past.

>Cheers.

I received a private mail from the Samba team suggesting I remove
the domain (DNS) name from the password server and keep the
NetBIOS name only. The problem went away. We will see what happens
in the next Samba release.

Regards

--
Anthony David               | Save Ferris
Anthony David & Associates  | Free Truman