Quick questions: NTFS "ACLs"...

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Fri Nov 20 03:18:58 GMT 1998

Hi...

	I'm trying to "sell" the idea of Samba (instead of NT servers) at
work, to replace Novell servers...but am having problems figuring out how
to do something...

	If I go into NT, Windows Explorer and do a properties on a file,
there is a section that allows you to set, essentially, ACLs on a
file...allow various individual users or groups of users to access the
file without opening it up to everything...

	Under Solaris, I can do this also using {get,set}facl ... is there
a way of doing this using Samba 2.x?  Is anyone working on this, by some
chance?

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org