Virus Scanner

Hammond, Justin Justin_Hammond at NAI.com
Thu Nov 19 21:36:11 GMT 1998

Hi,
Network associates sell Netshield for Linux, and other Un*x's that does just
what you are after.
it can be setup to scan only public directories for both Word/Excel virus's
and the more common exe/com virus's

The problem is that I am pretty sure its discontinued product, but you might
be able to find a copy around somewhere

Thanks

Justin Hammond
Network Associates
Technical Analyst - Asia Pacific
Level 1
500 Pacific Hwy,
St Leonards, NSW, 2065

Ph: (+612) 84254200
Dct:(+612) 84254227
Fax: (+612) 9439 5166
http:\\www.nai.com

Network Associates - "who's watching your network?"
PGP Fingerprint: 3764 BE6E F0D1 0FDD 5BFF  3698 79E9 A04C 0F4F 1712

Hello Listers,

does anyone know about virus scanners working on Unix hosts but
scanning for all those bad vermin from the M$ world.
Best solution (for me) would be a tight coupling with samba,
monitoring the I/O as some PC scanners do.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
-- Detlef