PC Backup Script?

Paul L. Lussier plussier at BayNetworks.COM
Thu Nov 19 17:33:02 GMT 1998

In a message dated: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 03:05:56 +1100
Panyarak Aaron Ngamsritragul said:

>On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Glenn Burkhardt wrote:
>
>> Funny, I was just writing this last night.  We run it each night on a SunOS
>> system, using cron to start it at 1am.
>
>Good job !
>Anyway, I do not have a tape backup.
>Is it possible to modify the script so that I can do do the
>backup at another HD instead of Tape device ?

Yeah, just change his tape device variable to whatever devive you want,
tape drive, cdrom writer (probably not), hard drive, whatever.

It looks like all he did was use the tar options to smbclient anyway, so you
should be able to just change the device variable to a fully qualified path
location and file name.
--

Seeya,
Paul
plussier at baynetworks.com
Broadband Technology Division - Bay Networks (now a Nortel Company, Eh? :)