disk space on NT

Sean E. Millichamp sean at compu-aid.com
Tue Nov 17 15:42:02 GMT 1998

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Klaus wrote:

> We have a 8GB scsi disk on a samba server. If we look in the explorer on
> our NT clients, we see only 4GB disk space with 0 bytes used (seems to be
> a 32 Bit limit ?!). Is this a problem of samba or of the NT client ?
> Any solution available ?

To see more then 4 GB of disk space free under NT Samba needs to support
the NT-specific RPC calls.  These calls are not supported in the current
version but, IIRC, are implemented in Samba 2.0 (still in beta).

It shouldn't cause you any problems since you can still use all the disk
space, YMMV... my recommendation would be to wait until Samba 2.0 leaves
beta (very soon now) and just deal with it until then.

Best,
Sean