password error from NT4 to redhat 5.1 samba server

Per Kofod per at copen.sgi.com
Tue Nov 17 09:22:38 GMT 1998

If you use NT4 with SP3, The NT box does not permit using "plaintext
passwords", the solution is either making NT accept using "plaintext
passwords", this is descriped in the doc file "WinNT.txt", or configure
samba to use encrypted passwords, this is descriped in the doc file
"ENCRYPTION.txt"

echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq'|dc

--
Regards Per                                               \|/
                                                         (o *)