no updates seen on PC after unix changed (v2.0 alpha)

David J. Reiter dave at davidr.sd.logicon.com
Mon Nov 16 17:21:21 GMT 1998

Hi Peter,
 Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately it did not work.
I thought that that might be the problem and tried it out
just before I submitted my question. I am including the output
from testparm, maybe you can see something else. ( I am using
the "pc" share section)  Thanks in advance for your help,

David.

Load smb config files from /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf
Processing section "[pc]"
Loaded services file OK.
# Global parameters
	debuglevel = 2
	syslog = 1
	syslog only = No
	protocol = NT1
	security = SHARE
	max disk size = 0
	lpq cache time = 10
	announce as = NT
	encrypt passwords = No
	update encrypted = No
	getwd cache = Yes
	read prediction = No
	read bmpx = Yes
	read raw = Yes
	write raw = Yes
	use rhosts = No
	load printers = Yes
	null passwords = No
	strip dot = No
	interfaces =
	bind interfaces only = No
	networkstation user login = No
	password server =
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY
	netbios name =
	netbios aliases =
	smbrun = /usr/local/samba/bin/smbrun
	log file = /usr/local/samba/var/smb.log
	config file =
	smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
	hosts equiv =
	preload =
	server string = Samba 1.9.18p10
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	lock dir = /usr/local/samba/lib/locks
	root directory = /
	default service =
	message command =
	dfree command =
	passwd program = /usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd
	passwd chat = *old*password* %o\n *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *changed*
	passwd chat debug = No
	valid chars =
	workgroup = WORKGROUP
	username map = /opt/samba/lib/umap
	character set =
	logon script =
	logon path = \\%N\%U\profile
	logon drive =
	logon home = \\%N\%U
	remote announce =
	remote browse sync =
	socket address = 0.0.0.0
	homedir map =
	announce version = 4.2
	max log size = 5000
	mangled stack = 50
	max mux = 50
	max xmit = 65535
	max packet = 65535
	name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast
	packet size = 65535
	password level = 0
	username level = 0
	keepalive = 0
	deadtime = 0
	time offset = 0
	read size = 16384
	shared mem size = 102400
	coding system =
	client code page = 850
	os level = 0
	max ttl = 14400
	max wins ttl = 259200
	min wins ttl = 21600
	lm announce = Auto
	lm interval = 60
	dns proxy = Yes
	wins support = No
	wins proxy = No
	wins server =
	preferred master = No
	local master = Yes
	domain master = No
	domain logons = No
	browse list = Yes
	unix realname = No
	NIS homedir = No
	unix password sync = No
	time server = No
	ole locking compatibility = Yes
	printer driver file = /usr/local/samba/lib/printers.def

# Default service parameters
	comment =
	copy =
	include =