Windows 98 Preformance

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Fri Nov 13 20:37:32 GMT 1998

You wrote:
|  On my NT client connected to a share, when I go into file
| manager for an example I get the directory structure almost
instantly.
| However when the 98 client does the same exact process on the same
| exact share, it take a good amount of time for the directory structure
| to come up.

	That could be a client hardware/config problem, but
	it could also be an effect of Windows 98 Explorer
	setting the 'sync" bit on every packet it sends.

	1.9.18p10 introduced the strict sync  option, which
	should be set to "no", just to deal with this problem.

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb
Home: (416) 223-8968  Work: (905) 477-0437 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com