Netlogon problems

Miquel Bonastre miquel at fib.upc.es
Tue Nov 10 16:35:10 GMT 1998

  We have solved our problem. As I expect, it was Windows fault.

  In the netlogon process, Windows seems to make a broadcast to
  find the server that validates its password. If the server
  response lates too much Windows fails to validate (this is
  my hypothesis).

  We have found the solution in the MS TechNet Knownledge base
  of October (Article Q185969)

  This article talks about a newer version of the MSNET32.DLL
  in windows\system. This newer version lets specify in the
  registry the prefered server to validate the netlogon against.

  While we are waiting for microsoft to send us this DLL, we have
  tried the version shipped with Windows 98 and it worked.

--
                            Miquel Bonastre (miquel at fib.upc.es)
                            Area de Sistemes Unix (LCFIB)