Question Re: lmhost file for samba.

Mehul Patel MPatel at nicorinc.com
Mon Nov 9 18:08:46 GMT 1998

Hello,

Can you please help me, with installation for samba?

I am getting following error as
             startlmhosts: Can't open lmhosts file /usr/local/samba/lib/lmhosts. Error was No such file or directory
I try to run "smbclient -L hostname" command.

I was wandering if you can tell me what file or command is suppose to create lmhosts file?  Or if you can sent me a sample of what lmhost file looks like,  I appriciate you taking time out to help me out.

Thank you very much.

Mehul Patel
630-983-8676 x3012