make failure ? host ? type ? flags ?

Florian G. Pflug fgp at fgp.priv.at
Sun Nov 8 21:13:24 GMT 1998

Hi

>  If 'grep' cannot find it, why do you suggest that I can find it?
> I have read the 'Makefile', but I don't know what I am looking for.
>
> :-|
>
> Chuck

In the Makefile there is a section for each Operating System, with FLAGSM
und occasionally LIBSM Lines you have to uncomment in the section for you
OS. Just grep for your OS...
For e.g. Linux, the Lines are (grep for them, if oyu don´t find them,
something is broken with your source-code

FLAGSM = -DLINUX -DSHADOW_PWD -DFAST_SHARE_MODES -DUFC_CRYPT
-DALLOW_CHANGE_PASS
WORD
# LIBSM = -lshadow

                                       Greetings, Florian