Cross-Subnet-Browsing

Florian G. Pflug fgp at fgp.priv.at
Sat Nov 7 20:38:17 GMT 1998

Hi

I set up remote-subnet-browsing at my school

[Server1]----[Router]-----[Server-2]

   |-[Client1]

   |-[Client2]
   .
   .
   .

Server 2 is wins-server.
Server1 & Clients are in Workgroup Server1
Server2 is in workgroup Workgroup2
Server1 uses Server2 as its Wins-server

Both servers are Local master & domain master for their workgroup

What happens is that Both servers "see" the other´s Workgroup in the Workgroup
part of
smbclient -L localhost -U% -N ,
but each server sees only himself as the master of his workgroup, the other
workgroup seems to have no master

Server1:
    Workgroup             Master
    --------              ------
    Workgroup1            Server1
    Workgroup2

Server2:
    Workgroup             Master
    Workgroup2            Server2
    Workgroup1

The servers don´t see each other in the "Server" part of
smbclient -L localhost -U% -N

                                      Thanks for you help

                                             Florian Pflug