NT; Samba logs user on as 'nobody' on reboot?

E Kovarski edwardk at openetix.com
Fri Nov 6 06:06:50 GMT 1998

Hi,
Excuse me if this problem has been flogged to death before on this list.

I'm running SAMBA 1.9.18p10 on a FreeBSD 2.2.6 box with a mix of Win9x and
NT clients. Now, the Win9x boxes have no problems in mounting their drives
but the NT machines all experience problems on their first initial
connection.

My particular question is, are there known problerms with logging into
SAMBA when an NT box is configured for auto-logon?

It would appear as though SAMBA (or NT?) logs the box in as 'nobody' on a
reboot. This creates a few problems for various applications as permissions
are no longer valid for 'nobody.' In order to get things back to normal,
one has to disconnect the drives and then remount them.

I'd appreciate any ideas on how to solve this problem.

Regards,
Edward