w98 password fail

Michiel van Loon mfvl at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 3 20:21:32 GMT 1998

Hi Peter,

I encountered the same problem and haven't solved it yet. A work around in
my situation was to put all entries to public=yes. Since I am the only one
using the network at home there is no problem, but I can imagine that in
more real situations this is not preferable.
I fear that MS changed something in the passwords, since when I recompiled
with debugging on it looked like no password arrived on the Linux site. I
haven't looked in it further saving that for a dull day.

Michiel