Authentication issue...

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Fri May 29 20:48:42 GMT 1998

sorry, but I just couldn't think of a good subject for this :(

I'm curious about whether or not I can transparently use Samba alongside
of a Novell server...

What I mean by this is that right now, we have user directories and
applications all being map'd from a Novell server.  I now have pam_lradius
such that it authenticates off of that same Novell server.

If someone 'maps' a drive from samba server to their Win95, after the
Novell authentication is done, does Win95 somehow pass the userid/passwd
down to samba to try and authenticate with that first, or will they have
to re-authenticate?

Thanks...