samba domain issue

Louis C. Lohman llohman at mail.megsinet.net
Thu May 28 13:10:46 GMT 1998

:')
I have a small block of addresses allocated by the ISP.  In order to
conserve those addresses, I have constructed a Linux box (2.0.33
SuSE 5.1) to do IP_masq.  (Works wonderfully.  SuSE is the best kept
secret in the Linux community.)  Problem is related to Samba.  I MUST
be able to relocate NT clients behind my Linux system. I have tried
several different methods of configuration for the Linux system, but
I don't seem to be able to afford my (Win95 & Win3.11) clients
TRANSPARENT access to the 4 file servers (NT 4.0) in the domain.

At this point I have Linux configured for the same domain as the
servers, Local Master, Preferred Master but NOT Domain Master.
I can see the PDC, but cannot access it from behind the Linux box.  I
CAN see all shares on the Linux system.  When I start up Win95, it
does run the logon script (on Linux box), but none of the drive
mappings exist after the script exits.

Help.

llohman at kissane.com
    -or-