Help: Multi workgroup

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu May 28 14:38:34 GMT 1998

Henrik,

I'm CC'ing this to the main samba mailing list.

Henrik Lassen wrote:

> We are working in a multi domain invironment and would like
> to access/browse samba from two domains.

A single Samba cannot currently exist in 2 separate domains.  What I
would do would be to setup two samba server's on the same machine and
have all the shares listed in a file and for each server include that
file.  See the "interfaces =" and "socket address =" parameters. This
should give you the behaviour you wish.

I can send an example if you need it.

[snip]
> smb.conf.novobox
>   workgroup       = DOM_DK
>   password server = DOM03
> -
> smb.conf.megabox
>   workgroup       = MEGA
>   password server = MEGA

> smb.conf
> [global]
>    ; Naming: Netbios name <> host name; Helps in routed NT351/NT40 environment
>    netbios name     = megabox
>    netbios aliases  = novobox
>    server string    = Dec/Unix - Poisson and Erlang
>
>    ; NT Domain Server authentication, global wins, nmbd not local master
> browser
>    security          = SERVER
>    encrypt passwords = yes
>
>    ; Include ( workgroup & password server) depending on netbios name
>    include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.%L

I would run a testparm on this, but I'm thinking that the name that nmbd
will use when it starts will be main netbios name.

>    local master = no
>    time server = yes
>    wins server = 152.73.80.51
>    interfaces = 152.73.95.23/255.255.252.0