Session request failed

Paulo Henrique Mascarenhas SantAnna phm at fund.cepel.br
Wed May 27 18:47:14 GMT 1998

Hi all,

 I'm trying to access a NT machine through the Internet.  First I used
an win95 as
a client, but since I couldn't get it to work, I used a Linux machine
(kernel 2.0.29) with Samba 1.9.18p7 to get some feedback.

 I did the following:

linux01/usr/local/samba/bin> ./smbclient -L ntserver -I a.b.c.d
Session request failed (131,130) with myname=LINUX01 destname=NTSERVER
Called name not present
Try to connect to another name (instead of NTSERVER)
You may find the -I option useful for this

 I grepped around and found the following messages related to the error
codes
 131,130:

nterr.h:#define NT_STATUS_GUIDS_EXHAUSTED (131)
nterr.h:#define NT_STATUS_TOO_MANY_GUIDS_REQUESTED (130)

 Someone could point me where I could learn more about this? What is the
meaning
of GUIDS?

  Thanks in advance,

 -- Paulo Henrique