Connection problems from Win95 / WNT to HP-UX

John Berninger jberninger at bbtnet.com
Tue May 26 21:17:41 GMT 1998

Samba gurus --

	I'm having problems that I'm hoping someone can help we with...  I've got a UNIX machine (HP K460) running HP-UX 10.20 and SAMBA 1.9.18p4 and I'm trying to connect to the SAMBA shares either Win95 or WinNT.  On the first connection attempt after starting the SMBD and NMBD daemons, the drive is connected successfully.  One succeeding attempts, I get an error message from windows saying "A specified logon session does not exist.  It may already have been terminated."  We have another HP machine running the same OS and SAMBA levels with identical smb.conf files indofar as the specific share section in question and the [general] section, and we don't get this error.  Can anyone tell me what I can try to solve this problem next?

TIA...
John Berninger
UNIX Systems Administration
Call Center Application Engineer