SOLVED : (NEW Printing FAQ Question) : After almost every reboot, Samba printing is DOA under Solaris 2.6...

Rick Flower Rick.Flower at trw.com
Fri May 22 15:44:34 GMT 1998

Ok.. Just a little follow-up on my Solaris printing problem that I was
having!
As it turns out, I put the fully-qualified path names to the print commands
(lpr/lpq/lprm, etc) in the samba config file (smb.conf) and all of my
printing
problems have disappeared!  Now, after a clean reboot of the OS (Solaris,
not PC), I can log on to Samba and directly print -- instead of it silently
failing!

Perhaps this should go in the FAQ?

Just for the record, I was NOT running Samba from inetd, but instead
starting
it via the Solaris /etc/rc2.d directory (equivalent to /etc/rc.local on
others)

-- Rick