Password authentication help!

Chris Costakis coz at purdue.edu
Fri May 22 02:09:19 GMT 1998

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has seen a problem with Samba 1.9.17p4 in which
Windows 95/Windows 98 password authentication works off of the Samba server
the first couple of times it is used and then after that Windows reports
that it cannot find a domain controller and will not authenticate?  SMB
browsing and sharing continues to work perfectly even when the server won't
authenticate, so I know that the daemon is still running okay.  I believe
that everything is set up just as the docs state it should be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris