samba and win95-login

Oliver Joa ojoa at gmx.net
Wed May 20 22:23:40 GMT 1998

Hi,

I want to set up samba and win95 so that password checking is made
via samba and also some login scripts are started. I have changed
windows setup to login on NT-Domain with my samba's hostname as DOMAIN.
I also have enabled wins support on win95. But after reboot, when I am
asked for user,password and domain I always get an error message,
directly after pressing the "OK"-Button: "invalid parameter".
I have set the debug-level of samba to 3, but I don't get any error
message.
Also I have deactivatet the encrypted passwords in the registry. When I
use a "normal" smb.conf, then I can access the shares without any
problem.
I use win95c and samba-1.9.18p7.
The only thing in /usr/local/opt/samba/netlogon is a batchfile called
t.bat.

Here is my smb.conf:

[global]
syslog only = yes
Workgroup=GALLIER
guest account=nobody
security = user
domain logons = yes
domain master = yes
logon script=t.bat
wins support = yes
os level=65
preferred master=yes
;local master=yes
;interfaces = 192.168.10.1/28
interfaces = 192.168.10.1/255.255.255.240 192.168.10.17/255.255.255.240
null passwords = yes

[netlogon]
   comment = Samba Network Logon Service
   path = /usr/local/opt/samba/netlogon