wrong UID

Kitty Smith smith at twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu
Wed May 20 19:54:45 GMT 1998

I am new to this list and am requesting input on a problem I am having.  I have
looked at the documentation and could not find an answer, but I am not sure what I
am looking for  so it may be out there.

I am running Samba-1.9.18p3 on AIX 4.1.4.  I have a user that maps multiple drives
from his NT 4.0 sp 3 workstation.  Everything works fine.  On occasion however,
when mapping a drive, the password is not requested and he is connected to that
share as the userid of a previous connection.  So, he has read-only access to this
drive.  smbstatus gives the following information:

Samba version 1.9.18p3
Service    uid        gid        pid        machine
smith        jones    users    17678    mymachine    (123.45.67.89) Wed May 20
13:44:26 1998

Notice that the uid is different than the service.  I hope I am making myself clear
here.  I would appreciate any suggestions from the group.

--
Kitty Smith
Technical Support Analyst