Newbie question...

Emile Carcamo emile at cvxfr.france.hp.com
Tue May 19 16:55:39 GMT 1998

Hello,

	I've successfully compiled and installed
	samba-1.9.18p7 under HP-UX A.09.05 and I
	am able to "see" Unix disks from my PC.

	However, each and every time I access my
	home dir or any subdir, I get this error
	message being logged by syslogd :

   May 19 18:35:25 cvxfr smbd[28586]: \
   1998/05/19 18:35:25 chdir() failed in unbecome_user

	it's repeated again and again... In case
	someone could help me, I've enclosed below
	the /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf file :

[global]
   printcap name = /usr/local/samba/lib/printcap
   guest account = friend
   load printers = yes
   printing = hpux

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   share modes = yes
   browseable = yes
   read only = no
   create mode = 0777

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   create mode = 0700
   share modes = yes
   browseable = yes
   printable = yes
   printing = hpux
   writable = no
   public = no
   path = /tmp

	Thanks in advance for any clue, and best
	regards.

P.S.	Please reply directly since I'm not yet
	registered in this mailing list.
--
Emile_CARCAMO      Internet                     Intranet
H.P. / Convex      aeste at esiee.fr               http://cvxfr.france.hp.com
Soft. support      http://aeste.freenet.fr      emile at cvxfr.france.hp.com
01 69 82 63 78   FAX
01 69 29 50 13  PHONE