Errors compiling 1.9.18p7 under solaris

Ed Maple Ed.Maple at corp.netcom.com
Mon May 18 22:49:23 GMT 1998

Hi all. I compiled the 1.9.18p7 revision of SAMBA on both Solaris 2.6 and
2.5.1, using the Sun's C compiler with each, and got the following errors:

Compiling ipc.c
"ipc.c", line 1194: warning: argument #4 is incompatible with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to function(pointer to const void, pointer to
const void) returning int : "/usr/include/stdlib.h", line 120
        argument : pointer to function(pointer to void, pointer to void)
returning int

Compiling nmbd_incomingrequests.c
"nmbd_incomingrequests.c", line 380: warning: argument #4 is incompatible
with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to function(pointer to const void, pointer to
const void) returning int : "/usr/include/stdlib.h", line 120
        argument : pointer to function(pointer to void, pointer to void)
returning int

Compiling client.c
"client.c", line 2972: warning: argument #4 is incompatible with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to function(pointer to const void, pointer to
const void) returning int : "/usr/include/stdlib.h", line 120
        argument : pointer to function(pointer to void, pointer to void)
returning int

However, I started up the SAMBA daemons and everything SEEMS to run ok. Yet
these compile messages worry me. Can anyone assuage my fevered mind? Please
keep in mind that I'm but a lowly sys. admin. only somewhat familiar with
software engineering thingys, so I tend to avoid C code when I can.

-ed-