Extra form feed on Samba printing

bryan.fredrick at pca.state.mn.us bryan.fredrick at pca.state.mn.us
Mon May 18 20:26:38 GMT 1998

I am using samba to share my RedHat V5.0 printers to my MS Network clients, but
I get an extra blank page at the end of each print job.  I've looked at the
printcap man pages, but haven't been successful in getting rid of the trailing
blank page.

Here's the printcap section for the printer I've been having problems with:

# /etc/printcap
parallel:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp2:\
	:mx#0:\
	:sh:\
	:lp=/dev/lp1:

Does anyone have any suggestions for eliminating this page?

Thanks in advance,
--Bryan Fredrick
* Bryan Fredrick, KB0ZFF         Minnesota Pollution Control Agency   *
* Computer Services Office       520 Lafayette Road N.                *
* +1 320 556 3430 Voice          St. Paul, MN 55155                   *
* +1 612 282 5446 Fax            bryan.fredrick at pca.state.mn.us       *