Samba-1.9.18p7 fails to compile

jpff at maths.bath.ac.uk jpff at maths.bath.ac.uk
Mon May 18 12:00:11 GMT 1998

Message written at 14 May 1998 22:31:42 +0100

I would not usually comment, except that there was a message saying
that it was available in binary on all SGI.  It does not compile on
Irix4.0.5F for a number of reasons -- most of which I reported in
building 1.9.18p4
  In includes.c Need to add to SGI4 case
#include <arpa/inet.h> /* both for inet_ntoa */
#define QSORT_CAST (int (*)(const void *, const void *))
extern char *getpass(char *);
FILE *popen(const char*, const char *);

In Makefile need to add -ansi to the FLAGSM so const does not get
#define'd as an empty string

In smb.h line 551 the SGI C compiler will not accept
	int (*forall)(void (*)(share_mode_entry *, char *));
so I commented it out and defined the unsatisfactory
        int (*forall)();
instead.
==John ffitch