Linux 2.0.33 smbfs and NT4.0...

Eric Knudstrup eknuds at extremenetworks.com
Thu May 14 21:47:43 GMT 1998

I know this isn't quite the right place for this question but I don't
know of an smbfs list.
I am using NT4.0 as a file server for my 2.0.33 smbfs+mtime patched
Linux system.
The problem is that they don't seem to agree on whether or not to pass
utc instead of local time.
If I touch/create a file on the Linux system it always appears on the NT
system as current time + 7hours (I am on Pacific time).
Vice versa, if I touch the file on the NT system it appears 7 hours
behind from the point of view of the Linux system.
Does anyone have a correct solution (besides nullifying the utc
functions in smbfs)?

TIA,

Eric