Compiling warnings in 1.9.18p7 (PR#7036)

Jeremy Allison jallison at whistle.com
Wed May 13 17:05:59 GMT 1998

Pishotta.Fred at Mayo.Edu wrote:

> Yes, I got those too, on an identical platform, but with p6.  Things seem
> to work, but it would be comforting to know if this is a non-issue.
>
> -- Fred P.
>
> On Wed, 13 May 1998, SI-Gaetan Boudreau wrote:
>
> > I get these messages when compiling on a Sun Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.6:
> >
> > Compiling ipc.c
> > ipc.c: In fonction `api_RNetServerEnum':
> > ipc.c:1194: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from incompatible pointer
> > type
> >
> > Compiling nmbd_incomingrequests.c
> > nmbd_incomingrequests.c: In function `process_node_status_request':
> > nmbd_incomingrequests.c:380: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from
> > incompatible pointer type
> >
> > Compiling client.c
> > client.c: In function `browse_host':
> > client.c:2972: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from incompatible pointer
> > type
> >
> > Is there still a problem with this release ?

Yes it's a non-issue. We missed one QSORT_CAST define
in includes.h for Solaris. It is just a warning and
can be ignored.

If it really bugs you add :

#ifndef QSORT_CAST
#define QSORT_CAST (int (*)(const void *, const void *))
#endif /* QSORT_CAST */

to the SUNOS5 section of includes.h (which is what is in
the main branch).

This is fixed in the main branch but got missed for 1.9.18p7,
sorry (we were rather busy on other issues :-).

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison.
	Samba Team.