Compile problems, 19p7

Eric Stewart estewart at dudley.lib.usf.edu
Wed May 13 16:53:50 GMT 1998

	On an Ultra 1 running Solaris 2.6 and using gcc 2.8.1

ipc.c: In function `api_RNetServerEnum':
ipc.c:1194: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from incompatible pointer
type

Compiling nmbd_incomingrequests.c
nmbd_incomingrequests.c: In function `process_node_status_request':
nmbd_incomingrequests.c:380: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from
incompatible pointer type

Compiling client.c
client.c: In function `browse_host':
client.c:2972: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from incompatible pointer
type

	The compile keeps running and otherwise runs fine; this is the
first time that I've had any kind of warnings using gcc (18p4 compiled
fine with gcc 2.8.1).
	Should I worry about this?  I'd think that GCC would always be the
compiler of choice these days...
	I've seen similar messages about Solaris machines but nobody has
mentioned which compiler that they're using.

Eric A. Stewart - Network Admin, otherwise known as Local Tyrant
estewart at dudley.lib.usf.edu - Univ. of South Florida Library, Tampa
Works permanently in progress:    http://www.lib.usf.edu/
Everyone needs their own 'space': http://cerebus.lib.usf.edu/
"Whatever tape that you found in that VCR wasn't mine."
	'Good.  I put it in that drawer with all the other tapes that aren't
	yours.' Fox Mulder & Dana Scully--THE X-FILES.