domain master

Vince Chen vince at rti.com
Wed May 13 02:53:53 GMT 1998

If I do a 'smbclient -L <sambasever>', I do not see a list of workgroups
or masters.  That's because we didn't set Samba up to be master.

If I do a 'smbclient -L <ntserver>', I see:

This machine has a workgroup list:

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        NTDOMAIN            <ntserver>
        WORKGROUP            <sambaserver>

Is this a problem?  That is, why does the NT server think that
the <sambaserver> is master for WORKGROUP?

Did it figure that out, or was did it have to be set up explicitly
by the Administrator (I didn't set that system up).

If it was automatic, how do we make NT server forget that the samba server
is master for WORKGROUP?

If it remains like this, what problems will it cause?

Thanks.

-vince