Logging into a remote domain???

Philip Hallstrom philip at sierra.com
Wed May 13 00:01:58 GMT 1998

Hi -
	I'll be the first to say I don't completely understand Windows
networking, but I did get the following to work when everybody
(clients-w95/server-solaris) were on the same subnet.

W95 boots up and prompts for username,password, and domain.  I log in, and
presto I'm connected and netlogon scripts run and everything is great.
This is when I'm testing it on a completely isolated subnet.

Now, the server is on it's own subnet, with *all* the W95 clients on
another subnet and it doesn't work.  In fact I can't even see the shares
on the server.

Can someone tell me if it's possible to get back where I was?  And if not,
can you tell me what I need to do to get the shares visible?

It would be worth a game or two (Sierra/Blizzard/Berkely) the the person
who solves my problem... in addition to my co-workers appreciation in not
having to hear my rant about it anymore :)

Thanks! -philip

Philip Hallstrom                philip at sierra.com
http://www.sierra.com/          Sierra Online, Inc.