determining domain master and forcing elections?

F.G.P. fgp at fgp.atnet.at
Tue May 12 21:35:39 GMT 1998

Hi

I am having the same problems... I but I can always solve the problem by
"killall smbd"
"killall nmbd"

Then, when nmbd ( I think...) starts up again, there are news elections
because of (domain master = yes or local master = yes), and the
samba-server should win again. BTW, killall sbmd doenst disconnect the
users, windows seems to handle this someway.

You can use smbclient to check who is master browser. Just do
smbclient -L <your server>.
It should show all the workgroups, and their master browser.

						mfg, fgp

 F.G.P. <fgp at fgp.atnet.at>

"When ever you find yourself on the
side of the majority, it's time to