Unable to see File/OR Directory on shared resou rce.

Sumet_P sumet at sawasdee.fsbt.fujitsu.co.jp
Tue May 12 15:03:00 GMT 1998

Dear all,
I have found some strange problem.
I installed samba on Unix Server UXP/DS SVR4 Version 7  Level  7  Increment 4.
Everything of installation is ok.
I can do everything that I have permission on shared resource.
I can browse Server,browse shared resource on server ,connect server,map drive,
create file or directory.

But I can not see anything,file/directory, in the shared resource although I
try to set permission on either Unix or Samba Configuration to allow for every
possible case.
For unix,set permission of file/directory to be rwxrwxrwx. For samba,enable
every possible facter of browsing and reading.

When I copy file to shared resource /OR create directory in shared resource
such file/directory will disappear as soon as that operation has finished.
If I want to do any action to the file/directory, I have to specify its name
directly.
Note: I have test on WindowsNT,95 and SMBClient for Unix Linux , UXP/DS.

Has anybody ever found problem like this and the solution ?

Best Regards,
Mr Sumet Prabhavat  C/S , S/G
Fujitsu Systems Business (Thailand) Ltd.
Tel. +66 (0)2 5126066 ext. 6020 COINS: 7988-6020
e-mail: sumet at sawasdee.fsbt.fujitsu.co.jp