Samba and Windows CE

JEFF_MCWILLIAMS at HP-RochesterHills-om2.om.hp.com JEFF_MCWILLIAMS at HP-RochesterHills-om2.om.hp.com
Thu May 7 13:32:28 GMT 1998

     This is my first time posting to the digest, so I hope I get this
     right.  CC:Mail is also giving me problems, so bear with me.

     I've come across a web page giving a link to Microsoft's written but
     unsupported Network Client for Windows CE.  This lets a Windows CE
     palmtop browse Windows shares across a network.  HOwever, the web page
     claims that it doesn't work with Samba.  Can anyone give me
     confirmation on this?  Is this problem being worked on?  I'd love to
     donate a palmtop for the effort, but I'm already borrowing the one I
     have access to from another developer.

     Jeff McWilliams
     Engineer - Trellis Software & Controls