Trouble when switching to domain model

Michael St. Laurent rowl at earthlink.net
Wed May 6 18:56:51 GMT 1998

I ran into a problem today when we started moving some of our NT-Wks
machines to a domain model.  Prior to this move we had an NT-AS box acting
as the PDC but all our workstations were configured with local accounts.
When I tried moving one of them to validating against the PDC it was no
longer able to access any of the Samba shares.  Is this because I do not
have encrypted password support enabled in Samba or is something else
amiss?  Has anyone else already solved this problem?

Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority
it is time to pause and reflect."
               -- Mark Twain