Performance problem ?

Christophe Dupre cdupre at risq.qc.ca
Tue May 5 20:15:56 GMT 1998

Hi,
I seem to have a problem using samba & NT...

My setup: Linux 2.0.latest as a file server, using samba 1.9.18p1
Client is windows NT4 server (service pack 3)

I have no problem copying files to the server. But when getting files from the
server (really big, a few hundreds Mb), my hubs tells me I have over 15% of
collisions, and the transfer slows to a crawl. It is fully reproducible. I
haven't been able to do the test with NT workstation or Win95, or any other
station for that matter... The network is 10Base-T.
--

Christophe Dupre
Analyste de systemes,

"Nous ne sommes pas libres de ne pas etre libres, nous sommes obliges de
l'etre"  -  Fernando Savater

#include <disclaimer.h>